1 Setting it up
Let’s get started! You can connect Unibuddy to your CRM through Zapier with the help of our guide below, this process is broken down into 3 simple parts:
- Make a Unibuddy TO CRM connection using Zapier.
- Setting up field mapping and data transformation.
- Go live!
1.1 Make a Unibuddy TO CRM connection using Zapier
- Sign up for Zapier at: https://zapier.com/home
- Once you are signed in, select Zaps from the menu on the left and click Make a new Zap button.
- Name your Zap and add a Webhook by selecting Webhooks by Zapier under the Built-in Apps section.
- While adding the Webhook use ‘Catch Hook’ as the Trigger Event.
- A URL is generated, copy this to your clipboard and share it with the Unibuddy CS Manager.
- After Unibuddy CS manager reverts that you are all set to test, Click Continue. Now, under find data click Test and Continue.
- After a successful receipt of test data from Unibuddy to the Zapier webhook, the page scrolls further to focus on the ‘Do This’ section.
- Select or type in the name of your CRM. For example: Salesforce or Hubspot.
- Choose the equivalent Action Event for creating a lead - Salesforce, for example, uses ‘Create Record’ and click Continue. Please refer to this document here for actions specific to your CRM.
- Click Continue, and sign in with your CRM account details to authorise the Zap. Note: While setting up the Zap fresh authorization is required after every session time out.
1.2 Set up field mapping and data transformation
Note: Please refer to this document here when selecting the appropriate CRM
objects and mappings specific to your data and CRM system.
- Select CRM object equivalent to a prospect. For example in Saleforce you may
select lead or contact.
- Now you will be able to create a field mapping between webhook and CRM
using the form.
- Click continue to verify sample data is in the correct columns.
- Once verified, click continue and test.
- Should you ever need to add new custom fields to your CRM, just click refresh fields in order to map the new fields to the data from Unibuddy.
1.3 Go live!
- Turn the Zap ON. OR, you can turn Zaps on or off from the Zaps page.
- You’re all set! Any newly created prospect account leads will be sent to the webhook and passed through the Zap into the CRM system.
Buckle up for the increased traffic of prospective students funnelling into your CRM and Marketing Automation systems through UniBuddy!